Monday, November 20, 2006

The fall

doesn't hurt half as much as what I'm having to endure sitting here at home....
Old grandmas suggesting everything from strange rituals to voo-doo.... im having half a mind to shoot a 'Blair Witch Project" sequel as a friend suggested

Thick skinned proud cousin: in a bragging tone: ...Ah ur knee eh? .. I had a fall too, much more gory.. was in a car with a buddy of mine.. we fumbled through a divider and flew past it to land in some bush.. my back side has been numb ever since....
me: erm, wait till my knee heals and I shall drill %$#@ it and wake it up...
Aunt #1 : Your uncle fell of the ladder too.. he was trying to check the water-level in the tank..
me: Yes aunty.. he should have realised that he was overweight and ordered for a crane with a hook to have him air lifted...
Aunt # 2 : Drink lots of apple juice... lots and lots of it..
me: how bout beer?
The uncle who fell off the ladder : You should keep wiggling your toes.. dont keep it still for long..
me: yes uncle i can do that ... in fact i can even lift the middle toe resting the others.... see...
Aunt # 3: when did he fall? huuhhh what?? amavasya is not good at all...
me : next time i shall judicially plan my fall aunty
Aunt # 4: you should rotate an egg thrice around him and throw it in the street corner... it will drive away the bad omens he might have brought home...
me: how about going to the kitchen and boiling it for me?
grandma with the voo-doo fixation : all sons fall at this age... they will invariably break a bone or two...
me: hmm... profound
Uncle married to the egg-loving god fearing aunt and who works for NDTV : Where did you fall? which bike? when did this happen? how? who was with you? how many were there? were u drinking? is there a reasonable explanation to all this?
me: far from home....a big one....about a month ago...some friends...not many...dont think.....dont think
Somebody send me a bottle of vodka home.... please

4 Comments:

At 3:35 PM , Blogger krishna said...

ROFL!!

btw, how many aunties you got? and how many hot daughters in all?

 
At 3:50 PM , Blogger Harish said...

not many man.. and their daughters are the kind who would come running up to you with math doubts... and yes their hair is still plaited!

 
At 12:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

are u making up for all the movies u've always wanted to catch up on?
~ Prat

 
At 12:50 PM , Blogger Harish said...

and more.. the fringe benefits of being a cripple :D
and yes who are you?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home